If you are thinking about camp please come to our information meeting February 10th at 9:30 in the Sanctuary to hear what options you have.
Celebrating 75 years of outdoor ministry, Green Lake Lutheran Bible Camp has great programs for everyone from birth-Adult… even your pet!!
Christikon is also an option for those that will be finishing 7th & 8th grade this year. This is a week long camp in Montana.
Sarah Hausken is the coordinator of Family Camp again this summer at Green Lake.
Come hear all the amazing things you can be a part of!
Summer Camps Makes Kids Resilient
Published on February 5, 2012 by Michael Ungar, Ph.D in Nurturing Resilience
This is an impressive list of factors that camp experiences provide our children. Camps give our kids a spicy combination of experiences that prepare them well for life. Add to that the reinforcement at home of what the child nurtures at camp and we’ll find amazing kids who show resilience to make good decisions.
- New relationships, not just with peers, but with trusted adults other than their parents.
- A powerful identity that makes the child feel confident in front of others. A good camp counselor will help your child find something he can do to be proud of.
- Camps help children feel in control of their lives. Children who experience themselves as competent will be better problem-solvers in new situations.
- Camps make sure that all children are treated fairly. Every child starts without the baggage they carry from school. At camp they will both find opportunities to just be kids who are valued for who they are.
- At camp kids get what they need to develop physically. Ideally, fresh air, exercise, a balance between routine and unstructured time, and all the good food their bodies need
- Perhaps best of all, camps offer kids a chance to feel like they belong. All those goofy chants and team songs, the sense of common purpose and attachment offer children a sense of being rooted.
- Camps give kids both cultural roots and the chance to understand others who have cultures very different than their own
The camps Cross of Calvary promote are all bible camps that focus on faith building experiences as well as the other things listed here. here.above.
Contact Chelsey for information about the camps offered.